What is and isn’t included in the CMS service at UBC.
Scope of Services
- Fully CLF-compliant website, implemented in WordPress
- On-campus hosting infrastructure for your website (with centrally supported backup and upgrades)
- On-going access to the latest version of the UBC CLF WordPress Theme
- An initial website set up with the top-level pages/sections of your site structure
- Access to on-going help clinics
- Online documentation and support materials
- SSL Certificates (automatic service after domain mapping put in place)
What’s not included
- Full content migration (we’ll set up the initial sections, but the rest is in your hands)
- Custom design beyond what’s available within the existing UBC CLF WordPress Theme
- Web content maintenance and updates
- User management after website setup
- Individual content backups. We have nightly backups of the entire platform but they are for catastrophic loss. Please ensure you take backups of your content using tools > export, or ensure the revision history of posts and pages works for your needs.
When using CMS, do not store/collect any sensitive information. Sensitive information includes student numbers, CWL information, and private personal information. Furthermore, please don’t use CMS for mission-critical information; even though we keep database backups, data loss still might occur.