Just some of the available features on UBC CMS websites
Every website on UBC CMS comes with each of the following features and functionalities. They are available to you either through the UBC CLF-compliant WordPress theme that we have developed or through one of the more than 150 WordPress plugins that you can enable.
— or —
Some of the ways you can adjust the style of your site
Features to adjust how your website looks
What is the CLF?
The UBC CLF, or “Common Look and Feel,” is a web design framework that supports the University’s Brand Identity and online reputation by providing a common look, feel, and functionality to UBC websites.
Developed by Communications & Marketing, the design of the UBC CLF is the result of ongoing consultation among our target audiences and stakeholder groups such as the Web Advisory Council and UBC’s communications and web professionals.
WordPress plugins give you the power to adjust what your website can do for your visitors
Features to adjust the functionality of your website
All CMS sites use UBC’s Campus Wide Login authentication provided by UBC IT’s Identity and Access Management Team for integrated secure login with your staff, faculty, or student CWL.
Use your custom domain
By default your site will have a URL that looks like something.sites.olt.ubc.ca but you have the ability to map your site to your own custom URL such as faculty.ubc.ca or unit.ubc.ca (i.e. med.ubc.ca or president.ubc.ca).
Powerful redirects built-in
A powerful yet east to use 301 and 302 redirect plugin allowing you to more easily migrate from an existing site to your new UBC CMS website.
Updates and Backups
The CTLT manages the CMS platform, meaning your sites are secure, backed up, highly available, and regularly updated all behind the scenes.
Even more features
- Easy Search Engine Optimization with the Yoast SEO plugin
- Your own website analytics using a HTML widget
- Collect data or information from your visitors by creating custom web forms. note: Do not collect Personally Identifiable Information on UBC CMS
- Show your faculty or staff profiles in a consistent way using the Gutenberg Editor
- Display your unit’s events published on UBC Events using an RSS Feed
- Add CLF-styled accordions or tabs to compartmentalize your content using custom built Gutenberg blocks
- Include videos embedded from youtube, vimeo, or the UBC-provided Video service Kaltura
- Restrict to whom or when your content is shown using the Content Visibility plugins
- Automated SSL Certificates provided at no cost keeping you and your users secure
Heard Enough and want to get started?